Sunday, May 15, 2011

Logo Issues

Last year there was the big issues with GAP changing their logo. I remember seeing their new logo and not even realizing what it was for, I was so used to the old logo and automatically putting that with the clothing line. I think it was good for them to go back to the old logo, but they spent alot of money on changing their logo to no avail with nothing but complaints. I have also noticed the Captain Crunch box has changed a little bit, the cartoon character is a completely different looking captain. When I first saw this I just thought it was a cheaper generic version of the cereal. It is just weird to see companies try to revamp their look and change their look or logo, it works for some but can backfire for some others.

I also found an interesting article a while back about a company pulling an advertisement because of a lawsuit for false advertisement. This advertisement company was making a ad for a law firm looking to help families of firefighters who died or got injured from the 9/11 attacks. The picture they used was of a dirty firefighter holding a picture of the ground zero devastation. But, the firefighter was actually holding his helmet when the picture was taken and they super imposed the picture in his hands. This upset the firefighter because he was not a firefighter until 2006 and felt that his picture being used that way was wrong and filed suit. I tip my hat to this man for doing so and not letting his picture to be used in a way he was unaware of. Here is the website with more information http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/agency_pulls_controversial_ad_ttIJMdgnLsZ4lQK5Es8foM

No comments:

Post a Comment